Tofu stew with lemon and maple syrup sauce
Tofu stew with lemon and maple syrup sauce is a fun and tasty alternative to meat on the everyday menu.
Tofu is a good source of vegetable protein and excellent from a nutritional point of view.
Together with lemon, spices and maple syrup, it has a delicious sweet and sour flavor.
Tofu stew accompanied by Venus rice and cooked as well as raw vegetables is a perfect oriental-inspired, healthy and tasty main dish.
Preparaion: 5 minutes + 15 minutes' rest
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 150 g of mashed tofu
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 generous tablespoon of MapleFarm Maple Syrup, Grade A, Organic Dark Variety
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour
- 1 lemon with an edible peel
- Cut the tofu into 1 cm cubes and marinate in the soy sauce for at least 15 minutes.
- Then transfer it to a plate with the cornflour and turn it so that all the cubes are well floured.
- Fry the tofu in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until it is golden brown on all sides and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, brown the garlic in a tablespoon of oil, then add the spices, juice, grated lemon peel and maple syrup. Cook for a few minutes over a low heat.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a tablespoon of sauce, then pour this mixture into the sauce and let it thicken over a low heat.
- When it is thick and sticky, pour it over the tofu cubes.
- Serve piping hot with boiled Venus rice and cooked as well as raw vegetables.