French Toast, also known as eggy bread, German toast, gypsy toast, poor knights, or Spanish toast, is a classic example of a recycled recipe that becomes irresistible yummy.
In France, it is also known as pain perdu, precisely because the recipe was created to recycle stale bread.
Easy to prepare and with a sweet, mouth-watering taste, it is a must for brunch or a hearty breakfast full of energy.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 20 g of melted butter
- 120 g of milk
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 20 g of sugar
- 30 g of flour
- a pinch of salt
- brioche or rustic sliced bread
- butter for frying
- Maple syrup, Grade A, Amber variety
- Beat the egg with a fork and add a pinch of salt, sugar, melted butter, milk and cinnamon.
- Then add the flour until it is smooth and homogeneous.
- Heat a frying pan and melt a teaspoon of butter.
- Dip the brioche slices in the batter on both sides for 20 seconds and immediately put them in the pan, frying them for one minute on each side.
- Serve hot with plenty of maple syrup and fresh fruit as desired.